mPCS, is a state of the art digital platform solution that acts as a single window provider facilitating information flow between all private stakeholders’ port authorities and traders. Developed by Maqta Gateway LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Ports, the system is designed to increase the efficiency and productivity of Abu Dhabi Ports as well as other government entities and the port community at large, in addition to providing, smart and innovative solutions to traders and port communities. mPCS is also the first multi purpose-built Port Community System (PCS) in the UAE.
mPCS was launched in December 2014, under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice Chairman of the Executive Council of Abu Dhabi Initial operations at mPCS commenced in January, 2016 and it was officially inaugurated in September 2017.
The Maqta Bridge was the first crossing to connect Abu Dhabi with the mainland;
it was a crucial connection for trade opportunities and for Abu Dhabi’s subsequent development. Having said that, mPCS is also set to become a crucial ‘bridge’ connecting future business opportunities on a national and global level.
mPCS is being developed gradually to provide the services of the PCS to the port ecosystem: shipping agents, traders, custom brokers, freight forwarders, clearing agents, port authorities, customs authorities, terminal operators, railways, airports, and industrial zone communities in addition to other PCS systems. The system currently services over 500 users to date, with 77% of our target customers and 100% of government stakeholders have reported their satisfaction with the system to-date.
mPCS has been designed to provide sustainable benefits including:
- Standardized data and notifications
- Reducing risks by increasing security and transparency
- Provide a single point of contact with real-time information at any given time or location
- Provide a powerful analytical tool for decision-making and effective operational reporting through Real-time Data Acquisition
- Feed into wider global supply chain communication platforms
- Boost efficiency through:
- Reducing time, documentation and administration work
- Providing paperless solution hence reducing CO2 emissions
As a result of the introduction of “Maqta Gateway” project, Abu Dhabi Ports is the first organization in the GCC region to become a member of the International Port Community Systems Association (IPCSA), a global body which promotes the highest possible standards in international port community system operators. Being a IPCSA member means:
- mPCS implements the highest possible standards used in European and International Port Community System Operators.
- Abu Dhabi Ports receives a substantial consultancy on measures related to the Port Community System implementation
- December 2014: Abu Dhabi Ports became the first member from the GCC region of the International Port Community Systems Association (IPCSA) having been recognized for its innovative vision.
- January 2016: Container Shipping Management, covering the entire process of container traffic in Khalifa Port from Vessel Management through Cargo Operations, as well as full integration with Abu Dhabi Customs, Terminal Operators (ADT), and Port Authorities.
- July 2016: Maqta Gateway is the only entity in Abu Dhabi recognized by the UAE Federal Transport Authority to issue the VGM Certificate.
- October 2016: Vessel Management System, digitalizing seaside services which is mandatory for all vessel transactions on all commercial ports in Abu Dhabi (Zayed port, Khalifa Port, Mussafah Area and Free Port).
- October 2016: Mobile application for vessel track and trace, alerts and notifications and dashboards to the Harbor Masters and VTS Operators.
- October 2016: Cruise Terminal, a system the covers all cruise passenger operations.
- December 2016: Licensing Management System, a system that cover the issuance and renewal of Abu Dhabi Ports Licenses.
- January 2017: E- payments, covers viewing of invoices and receipts (pending, overdue etc.), applying available credits and invoice payments using various payment options.
- Ongoing: Integration services with shipping lines, terminal operators, banks, major shippers, customs and the port authority.
mPCS is developed to interlink with all ports communities including maritime, railways, airports, land transport, free zones and mostly regional and international PCS’s. Our platform is a single window model thus any interlinking initiative beyond Abu Dhabi port communities is considered a normal path in our development.
We comply with all laws and regulations in the UAE. Once we receive direction and guidance from concerned authorities on the tax introduction, we will introduce the same in mPCS system.